Scan
0174
Size
8x10
Category
Business
Photographer
J.C. Sutherland
In 1860 Mr. Fred Krug (standing on the steps in the doorway) worked as a clerk in Jacob Wagner's store. He became a partner with Adam Falk in 1872 and sole owner of the Glasgow Warehouse in 1885. The post office and bank building was built on the left side of the original store around 1895.
Photo published in the Tavistock Gazette - June 28, 1978 - page 4 - http://www.tavistockhistory.ca/sites/default/files/images/IMG_6474.jpeg
See also the Tavistock Mail, September 6, 1979 - http://www.tavistockhistory.ca/node/15130
See Newsletter No 18 for more information on Fred Krug - http://www.tavistockhistory.ca/node/10406