Built by T. J. Loveys, it was sold to Tom S. Russell in 1907. It was located on the south side of Loveys Street / Oxford Road 8 generally beside what is now the East Zorra - Tavistock Township Office. The building was subsequently used as a service station and then a repair shop before it was demolished.
With the upcoming celebrations of the Hickson Centennial, the Centennial Committee is looking forward to former and present members of the community contributing literature and maybe some photos toward a display depicting Hickson as it was. From the Lemp Studio Collection comes another print of a building now known as Todd's Place. In 1903 T. J. Loveys built this blacksmith shop which was used by a Mr. Knight and Tom McKay. The business was sold to T. S. Russell shortly after and above, the sign reads, "T. S. Russell, General Jobbing - Shoeing”. Four men and a boy can be seen in the doorway of the shop with the Hickson station in the background to the left. The building was remodelled into a service station in 1938 by Mr. Warren McKellar and in later years owned by Joesph Cross.
(Published in the Tavistock Gazette May 17, 1978 - page 7)